Can you make a difference? Together we can make miracles happen! ....Go Ape and learn all that you need to know about ways we can make a difference for a sustainable society! ....Go ape and share your passion and inspirations! The orang-utans count on you. Get involved in our upcoming educational events celebrating wildlife and helping to raise awareness of today's most pressuring environmental and social issues.
Issues leading to rainforest destruction
1. Palm oil from the rainforest
2. Soya products from the rainforest that are not certified organic or from an unsustainable source
3. Chicken, pigs and cows that have been fed on soya grown in the rainforest (e.g. Kentucky Fried Chicken)!
4. Bio-diesel from the rainforest that has been produced on rainforest land and caused its clearance!
5. Furniture made from wood from the rainforest e.g. Mahogany
6. Beef produced in the rainforest!
7. Leather taken from cattle in the rainforest that has grassed on the rainforest land and caused its clearance!
8 Things you can do
1. Go ape and stop buying products containing palm oil
2. Go ape and ask corporations to take corporate responsibility and source sustainable palm oil
3. Go ape and take caution: Some products may not mention palm oil and instead may refer to vegetable oil
4. Go ape, don't buy furniture and things made out of tropical wood and buy sustainable-farmed wood
5. Go ape and watch Green and Alma by Patrick Rouxel
6. Go ape and view a list of brands and corporations using palm oil - read online / print-out
7. Go ape and stay tuned and subscribe to the Jungle Mail
8. Go ape and spread the message!